Ghent University, Belgium invites online Application for various Postdoctoral Fellowship in their different Departments. We are providing a list of Postdoc Fellowship positions available at Ghent University, Belgium.
Eligible candidate may Apply as soon as possible.
(01) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title:
The Ntziachristos laboratory studies the mechanistic aspects of oncogenesis with an emphasis on posttranslational and epigenetic regulation of acute leukemia. We focus on how oncogenes interact with each other and with epigenetic modulators to influence gene expression programs as well as how their function is related to tri-dimensional (3D) structure of the nucleus and other biological aspects of cancer cells, like metabolism.
Deadline : 01.12.2021
(02) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Postdoctoral researcher in Biomedical Optics
- Main: Optical system design and development: develop novel optical devices for use in diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive use cases, based on photoacoustics, absorption spectroscopy and dynamic light scattering.
- Main: Optical instrumentation: construct optical setups on breadboard and perform relevant testing.
- Minor: Optics and photonics fabrication: develop new optical components in a state-of-the-art university cleanroom environment, specifically the realization of 3D structures in glass using femtosecond laser direct writing.
- Minor: Photonics packaging and integration: steer the cleanroom supporting staff in the development of relevant assembly and integration technologies.
- Minor: A limited amount of simulations (optical simulations, Comsol Multiphysics).
Deadline : 15/11/2021
(03) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Postdoctoral researcher: Quantitative analysis of spatiotemporal graffiti data
We are recruiting a postdoctoral researcher with an interest in and affinity for quantitative analysis of spatiotemporal data.
You will primarily work on the Urban Foraging project, a research project in which Optimal Foraging Theory is applied to better understand the target and location choices of graffiti artists. In particular, you will conduct quantitative analyses on spatially referenced, time-stamped data of graffiti images and features of the environment (e.g., house, street, and neighborhood characteristics). You will use previously collected (spatial) data, a range of secondary datasets, and the necessary computational resources (https://www.ugent.be/hpc/en). You will collaborate closely with Prof. Dr. Christophe Vandeviver and Prof. dr. Wim Bernasco (NSCR, VU Amsterdam). You will summarize the outcomes of your research in reports, presentations, and scientific publications.
Deadline : 17/11/2021
(04) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Postdoctoral Fellow (bioinformatics) in splicing dysregulation in cancer
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
- The candidate should be able to think independently, design and execute bioinformatics analysis of high-throughput RNA and DNA sequencing data and of proteomics studies, write original research manuscripts and review articles.
- The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team, with expertise in molecular and cancer biology and bioinformatics, and with the aim to understand oncogenic mechanisms in leukemia.
- The research focus of the position is on RNA biology and biochemistry and the study of splicing factors and phenomena, RNA modifications and RNA-protein interactions.
Deadline : 15.11.2021
(05) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Postdoctoral position in experimental microbiology and ecology of marine microbial communities
The post-doctoral fellow will work in the framework of the European Imptox project within the Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology at Ghent University Global Campus in Incheon, South Korea. Ghent University Global Campus (GUGC) is an integrated campus of Ghent University, Belgium, and the first European university to be part of the Incheon Global Campus (IGC) in Incheon, South Korea. Ghent University Global Campus currently offers Science programs in Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology. Ghent University is one of the most important education and research institutions in the Low Countries.
Deadline : 01/12/2021
About Ghent University, Belgium –Official Website
Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. It was established in 1817 by King William I of the Netherlands. After the Belgian revolution of 1830, the newly formed Belgian state began to administer the university. In 1930, the university became the first Dutch-speaking university in Belgium, whereas French had previously been the standard academic language in what was Université de Gand. In 1991, it was granted major autonomy and changed its name accordingly from State University of Ghent (Dutch: Rijksuniversiteit Gent, abbreviated as RUG) to its current designation.
In contrast to the Catholic University of Leuven or the Free University of Brussels, UGent considers itself a pluralist university in a special sense, i.e. not connected to any particular religion or political ideology. Its motto Inter Utrumque (‘In Between Both Extremes’), on the coat of arms, suggests the acquisition of wisdom and science comes only in an atmosphere of peace, when the institution is fully supported by the monarchy and fatherland.
Ghent University is one of the biggest Flemish universities, consisting of 44,000 students and 9,000 staff members. The University also supports the University Library and the University Hospital, which is one of the largest hospitals in Belgium. It is one of the greatest beneficiaries of funding from the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO). Ghent University consistently rates among the top 100 universities in the world.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- 08 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Helsinki, Finland
- 17 Postdoctoral Fellowship at NTNU, Norway
- 18 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 07 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- 08 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Aalto University, Finland
- 30 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- 36 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 27 Postdoctoral Fellowship at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 30 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark