University of Sussex, East Sussex, United Kingdom invites online Application for various Postdoctoral Fellowship in their different Departments. We are providing a list of Postdoc Fellowship positions available at University of Sussex, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
Eligible candidate may Apply as soon as possible.
(01) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Research Fellow in Battery Modelling, Control and Testing Ref 22388
We are seeking to fill a research post for an exciting battery research project that we are participating in. The details are as follows:
- The University of Sussex has recently won funding to participate in the Faraday Battery Challenge (Round 6)
- The project is called Duty Cell and seeks to improve battery charge and discharge performance by using a patented ‘flexible busbar’ to implement flexible charging profiles internal to the battery, dynamically varying the charge to each cell. This allows the battery to be charged by a conventional charger whilst the charge profile to each cell can be modified.
- The project will deliver a prototype battery with integrated pulsed charging to demonstrate the feasibility of this approach.
- The Sussex team is responsible for developing the battery management algorithms, cell testing and module testing.
- We are looking for a Research Fellow to lead the above task.
Deadline : January 13, 2024
(02) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc summary/title: Research Fellow in Coal Transitions Ref 22505
The RA will assist in drafting 8-10 plain language fact sheets on different coping strategies for regional policy audiences, drawing on existing research materials collected for the CINTRAN Coping Strategies Inventory. Duties will also include conducting analysis, drafting text and undertaking background and reference checking for academic publications, using already existing data and analysis. Attendance at online meetings will be required.
The Coal Regions in Transition (CINTRAN) project examines the causes and consequences of coal phase out in Europe (coaltransitions.org). The relevant work package examines how different actors cope with decarbonization processes, and the ways that elite power are implicated.
Deadline : January 10, 2024
(03) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Research Fellow Ref 22492
We are looking for a post-doctoral Research Fellow to join the ESRC/NIHR-funded DETERMIND Programme (DETERMinants of quality of life, care and costs, and consequences of INequalities in people with Dementia and their carers). DETERMIND is a multidisciplinary project which seeks to answer the following questions:
- What is it that enables one family to live well with dementia and another with ostensibly the same illness and challenges to struggle?
- Which groups have better or worse outcomes following diagnosis of dementia and why are there inequalities in care and outcomes?
- What can we learn from the experiences of people with dementia and their carers about how to deliver care and support that maximises quality of life for all?
Deadline : January 9, 2024
(04) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Post Doctoral Research Fellow Ref 22523
Postdoctoral research assistant to support ESRC funded project examining customers’ attitudes towards news models of ownership of washing machines. The researcher will be joining interdisciplinary team, conducting mixed methods research. Tasks include:
- Edit focus group transcripts; Conduct thematic analysis and write report of findings;
- Design, pilot and set-up online experiments. Conduct statistical analysis and write report of findings
- Support with organisation of workshop to disseminate findings
- Develop dissemination materials
- Support identification of additional funding opportunities
- Keep meeting notes
Deadline : January 10, 2024
(05) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Postdoctoral Research Associate in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics Ref 22387
The position is devoted to research in theoretical physics broadly defined. We are particularly interested in applicants with broad research experience in quantum field theory, quantum gravity, dark matter, gravitational waves and tests of fundamental physics with quantum sensors and who are willing to work in close contact with atomic, molecular and optical (AMO) experimentalists. The postholder will work under the supervision of Prof. Xavier Calmet and will be a member of the Mathematical Physics group at Sussex as well as of the QSNET collaboration. Calmet’s group currently consists of one Postdoctoral Research Associate and two PhD students. The successful candidate will join a very stimulating research environment with two series of weekly research seminars (QSNET seminars and Theoretical and Mathematical Physics seminars). We hope to be able to extend the position subject to the availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
Deadline : January 9, 2024
(06) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Research Fellow in Trapped Ion Quantum Computing Ref 20367
Applications are invited for the position of a Research Fellow in Trapped Ion Quantum Computing in the Ion Quantum Technology Group in the Sussex Centre for Quantum Technologies at the University of Sussex. The position is part of the UK National Quantum Technologies programme and is concerned with the development of utility scale quantum computers capable of solving disruptive societal and industry challenges.
Trapped ions are one of the most mature implementations to deliver practical quantum technologies. We have developed a unique approach for trapped-ion quantum computing that enables scaling to a large number of qubits. The approach couples scalable global microwave based quantum gate technology with fully integrated quantum computing microchip modules that can be linked together using fast electric field links.
This position is part of a larger effort to develop and operate quantum computing solutions which scale to significantly larger system sizes. We currently operate 5 quantum computer prototypes in our lab and the position will focus on one or multiple of these experimental setups directed towards the implementation of quantum error correction, ion transport and quantum gate execution, raising gate fidelities, operation of multi-module quantum computing prototypes and the development of quantum computing microchips.
Deadline : February 6, 2024
(07) Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Postdoc Fellowship Position summary/title: Research Fellow in Policies for Transforming Food Systems Ref 22304
The Science Policy Research Unit at the University of Sussex Business School are seeking to appoint a Research Fellow in Policies Transforming Food Systems to work with Dr Katerina Psarikidou on a 5-year project, called FoodsEqual, which is funded by the UKRI ‘Transforming Food Systems’ Strategic Priorities fund and commenced in February 2021. The project has a strong Policy Research strand, which this post is requested to support. Aim of the policy research strand is to work with policy, industry and local communities in order to map, analyse, assess, co-design and inform policies for transforming the UK’s food system in more inclusive and socio-environmentally just ways.
The project builds on a strong collaboration between the Universities of Reading, Sussex, Plymouth, Cranfield and Kent, plus numerous partners from community and civil society organisations, the food sector and the policy world. Based on the principles of research co-production, the project is envisioned to provide citizens of socio-culturally diverse communities with choice and agency over the food they consume, the chains through which they access their food, and the policy frameworks that are needed to support the vision of a more inclusive and socio-environmentally just agrifood system for all.
Deadline : January 5, 2024
About The University of Sussex, East Sussex, United Kingdom- Official Website
The University of Sussex is a public research university located in Falmer, East Sussex, England, it is mostly within the city boundaries of Brighton and Hove but spills into the Lewes District in its eastern fringe. Its large campus site is surrounded by the South Downs National Park and is around 5.5 kilometres (3.4 mi) from central Brighton. The University received its Royal Charter in August 1961, the first of the plate glass university generation, and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities.
More than a third of its students are enrolled in postgraduate programmes and approximately a third of staff are from outside the United Kingdom. Sussex has a diverse community of nearly 20,000 students, with around one in three being foreign students, and over 1,000 academics, representing over 140 different nationalities. The annual income of the institution for 2019–20 was £319.6 million with an expenditure of £282 million.
Sussex counts 5 Nobel Prize winners, 15 Fellows of the Royal Society, 10 Fellows of the British Academy, 24 fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences and a winner of the Crafoord Prize among its faculty. By 2011, many of its faculty members had also received the Royal Society of Literature Prize, the Order of the British Empire and the Bancroft Prize. Alumni include heads of states, diplomats, politicians, eminent scientists and activists.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- 28 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States
- 21 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Queensland, Australia
- 08 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Stockholm University, Sweden
- 07 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Aalborg University, Denmark
- 06 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Linkoping University, Sweden
- 29 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Lund University, Scania, Sweden
- 19 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Forschungszentrum Julich, Germany
- 06 Postdoctoral Fellowship at European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Germany, Germany
- 03 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Freiburg, Germany