Postdoctoral Fellowship at IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand invites online Application for various Postdoctoral Fellowship in their different Departments. We are providing a list of Postdoc Fellowship positions available at IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
Eligible candidate may Apply as soon as possible.
Hiring Organization – IIT Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (abbreviated IIT Roorkee or IITR) is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India, headed by Director Ajit Kumar Chaturvedi. It was formerly known as University of Roorkee (1949-2001) and Thomason College of Civil Engineering (1847-1949). Established in 1847 in British India by the then lieutenant governor, Sir James Thomason, it is the oldest technical institution in Asia.
Postdoctoral Fellowship: Eligibility
Ph.D. in Physics, Candidates who have recently submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of the award of Ph.D. degree at the time of interview at IIT Roorkee if shortlisted.
- The prospective candidate is expected to have a strong background in the area of bio-based and biodegradable polymers.
- In particular, experimental aspects of preparation and characterization of bio-based polymers are preferable.
- The candidate should have experience in the field of and nuclear radiation (gamma rays/electrons/neutrons/protons) induced effects in materials (bio-polymers).
- The candidate should have publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Other research activities may include the development of Radiation Detectors and Spectroscopy laboratory and participating in research discussions with research centers.
- Apart from research, the candidate will be entrusted with other academic responsibilities as deemed fit by the department.
Postdoctoral Fellowship: Positions Details
The Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for a postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Dr. Anil Kumar Gourishetty (Associate Professor, Dept. of Physics) focused on “Studies on the effects of Gamma Irradiation on Bio-polymers, Natural fillers and Its Composites”
Duration and Postdoctoral Fellowship amount:
The duration of the fellowship will be 2 years extendable by one more year. The Fellowship may be terminated by either side by giving one month notice. A consolidated fellowship of Rs. 55,000.00 per month for the first 2 years and Rs. 60,000.00 per month for the third year and a contingency of Rs. 50,000.00 per annum will be awarded to Post Doctoral Fellows.
Postdoctoral Fellowship: Deadline
21 July 2021
How to Apply for Postdoctoral Fellowship
Candidates should clearly mention Advt. No. and date with title of the position applying for with a covering letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications (highlighted with the most relevant publications for the post), research statement describing past research and plans for future research (mandatory) in a single PDF file by e-mail, to:
- Professor and Head
- Department of Physics,
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Roorkee – 247667, Uttarakhand, INDIA
- Email: [email protected] (and copy to [email protected]; anilgouri @gmail.com)
- Phone: +91-1332-285248 (office)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- 47 Postdoctoral Fellowship at National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA
- 31 Postdoctoral Fellowship at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 13 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Hamburg, Germany
- 38 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Aarhus University, Denmark
- 05 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- 17 Postdoctoral Fellowship at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- 08 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Duke University, North Carolina, USA
- 16 Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- 40 Postdoctoral Fellowship at Karolinska Institute, Sweden