Online applications are invited for Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Computer Science at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy . Eligible Candidate may Apply on or before 01 July 2022.
The Faculty of Computer Science of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (https://www.unibz.it/) constantly reaches top positions in national and international rankings. According to the Almalaurea data, our graduates are highly satisfied both with the quality of the supervision, which is ranked 10/10, career development, and the student experience. All of our alumni are employed in academia, industry, or have started their business based on the outcome of the dissertation.
The University is located in wonderful South Tyrol at the crossroads between the German-speaking and the Italian cultures and economies.
Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Computer Science
The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (https://www.unibz.it/) has opened a public competition for 21 fully funded PhD scholarships in Computer Science (deadline July 1). They cover a range of epistemologies, theories, methods and applications of computer science. Topics include studies of theoretical AI, data science and machine learning application, up to the design of the most advanced user interfaces and critical user research.
The language of instruction is English, but the University implements a trilingual model providing prospective students with the ideal environment to learn German and Italian.
The scholarship includes
– 3-year personal grant (approx. € 17,000 gross per year)
– 50% pay increase to support international mobility for a period variable between 6 months and one year according to the type of projects
– Personal budget for research and travel expenses (Euro 2,500)
– State of the art technical equipment
Further financial possibilities are available in the form of teaching contracts and research consultancies during the years of study, for top students.
Eligibility/Qualification for PhD Scholarships
Regardless of age and citizenship status, applicants can be admitted to the selection procedure if they have been awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- a Master’s degree independent from the degree classes (ex D.M. 270/04 or ex D.M. 509/99) or a degree according to the former legislation or an equivalent qualification
- a non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (foreign Master’s degree) awarded by an academic institution, equivalent to the above-mentioned degrees (letters a), valid for admission to Doctoral studies in the Country it has been issued (except for substantial differences).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Master’s degree or their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree no later than the enrolment deadline, and before the PhD program’s start date.
Research Projects Details
You can find here the detailed descriptions (project description + required skills) of all Research Projects.
Please read carefully the document, consider that you have to select three project proposals from the list!
Deadline for PhD Scholarships
Application deadline: 1 July 2022, 12:00 midday (CEST)
Admission interviews: online by 27 July 2022
Communication of interview details: within 19 July 2022
Publication of ranking lists: by 5 August 2022
How to Apply for PhD Scholarships
Your application must be submitted online through the Application Portal. The deadlines are indicated in the “Deadlines” section.
- You need to create an account and upload a valid ID card or passport (front/back). Please note: if your document is invalid, incomplete or unreadable, you will be excluded from the admission procedure;
- Fill in the online form and upload the attachments listed under “Admission procedure”;
- Complete and submit the online application by the deadline. Documents sent per email will not be taken into consideration. Once the application has been sent, it cannot be modified, unless a change/addition request is received from the faculty secretariat.
Apply Online: Click Here
We strongly encourage students to get in touch with prospective supervisors well before the deadline to discuss informally their interest.
For any questions, please contact Anton Dignös (dignoes [at] inf.unibz.it)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- 16 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 18 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Coventry University, England
- 08 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Vrije University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 50 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Southampton, England
- 44 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands
- 15 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Groningen, Netherlands
- 17 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Oslo, Norway
- 17 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Utrecht University, Netherlands
- 10 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Aalto University, Finland