22 Faculty Positions at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata,
Online applications are invited for various Faculty Positions by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, Eligible Candidate may Apply on or before 30 April 2021.
The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research and development, and a strong commitment to teaching for positions of Assistant Professor in its various scientific divisions and centres. Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata: Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is a Research institute which is recognized as an institute of national importance by the 1959 act of the Indian parliament. It grew out of the Statistical Laboratory set up by Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in Presidency College, Kolkata. Established in 1931, this unique institution of India is one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions focused on statistics, and its early reputation led it to being adopted as a model for the first US institute of Statistics set up at the Research Triangle, North Carolina by Gertrude Mary Cox.
For 2021, a minimum of 22 vacancies is available. Category-wise vacancies are as follows:
SC- 03, ST-02, OBC-NCL-06, UR-09, EWS-02, PWD-02
• Applied Statistics Division
• Computer and Communication Sciences Division
• Physics and Earth Sciences Division
• Social Sciences Division
• Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division
• Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Division
- Ph.D. in the appropriate branch; a first class or equivalent at the preceding degree with a very good academic record throughout
- Should have at least 3 years of postPh.D. research/teaching/industrial experience.
Age: Preferably below 35 years
Salary: Pay Level-12 (After completion of three years in service in Level 12, the pay will be fixed at Level 13A1)
Apply Mode: Email
30 April 2021
This is a rolling advertisement and is valid from the date of announcement of this notification till December 31, 2021. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply for the positions throughout the year.
The recruitment committee(s) will meet regularly subject to the number of vacancies available at that point to consider the applications and arrange for seminars and/or interviews of the short-listed candidates.
The processing will be done based on applications received by April 30, 2021; August 31, 2021 & December 31, 2021 (subject to availability of vacancy).
How to Apply
Candidates must apply with a forwarding letter addressed to the Director, Indian Statistical Institute referring to the advertisement number and its date of publication.
The following documents are required (in PDF format).
1. Filled in Application Form in the proforma available at the end of this advertisement
2. Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications
3. Proposed research plan
4. Proposed teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
5. Caste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable
6. Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish
7. Reprints of up to five important publications
A single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents in the order specified above. This single PDF file must be emailed to:
with a copy to the Professor-in-Charge/ Head, SQC & OR of the relevant scientific division.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- 23 Faculty Positions Alfaisal University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Multiple Faculty Position at The Canadian University, Dubai, UAE
- Multiple Faculty Position at University of Sharjah
- Assistant Professor Positions at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) , Singapore
- 10 Faculty Positions at Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
- 41 Faculty Positions at Central University of Haryana (CUH), India
- 18 Faculty Position Ajman University, UAE
- 18+ Faculty Position at Alfaisal University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 16 Faculty Position College of the North Atlantic, Qatar
- AMU Recruitment 2021: 70 Faculty Positions at Aligarh Muslim University, India
- 37 Faculty Position King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
- 11 Faculty Positions at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), UAE
- 13 Faculty Positions at University of Sharjah, UAE
- Multiple Faculty Position at the College of the North Atlantic, Qatar
- Multiple Faculty Position at American University in Cairo, Egypt