PhD Admissions 2021 at NIT Calicut, India
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut , India invites online Application for Ph.D. Admissions 2021 We are providing a list of Fully Funded PhD Position available at National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut.
The Ph.D. program is available in the following three categories: Full Time, Part Time and External. The Ph.D. fellowships are available for candidates under a Full-time scheme.
For the Part-time and External schemes of registration, the applicant must be a permanent employee of a recognized institution/organization with at least two years of service and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought.
Eligible candidate may Apply as soon as possible.
About NIT Calicut
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NIT Calicut or NITC), formerly Regional Engineering College Calicut, is a public technical university and an institute of national importance governed by the NIT Act passed by the Parliament of India. The campus is situated 22 kilometres (14 mi) north east of Kozhikode, on the Kozhikode–Mukkam Road. It was established in 1961 and was known as Calicut Regional Engineering College (CREC) until 2002. It is one of the National Institutes of Technology campuses established by the Government of India for imparting high standard technical education to students from all over the country. NIT Calicut hosts a supercomputer on its campus, and has a dedicated nanotechnology department.
- Architecture and Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Material Science and Engineering
- For Ph.D. in Engineering: ME/ M.Tech Degree in the appropriate branch of study with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/ 10) [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10)]. Candidates shall be required to have passed B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in an appropriate branch with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For Ph.D. in Architecture & Planning: Master’s degree in Architecture/ Design/ Planning/ Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/ 10) [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/ 10)]. Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/ 10) or equivalent both in Bachelors’ and Masters’s degrees.
- For Ph.D. in Materials Science & Engineering: ME/ M.Tech Degree in the appropriate branch of study /Nanoscience and Technology with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10)].
- For Ph.D. in Biotechnology: ME/ M.Tech. Degree in Biotechnology/ Life Science with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) [For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/ 10)].
- For Ph.D. in Sciences: Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Chemistry/Physics/Electronics/Computer Science and Applications/ Nano Science and Technology/ Material Science/ Photonics with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) or equivalent, (for SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10)] and a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR/NBHM/NET/JEST/KSCSTE fellowship in the relevant areas tenable from the current year.
- For Ph.D. in Management: Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) or equivalent both in Bachelors and Masters degrees in a relevant area from an Institution recognized by UGC/AICTE [For SC/ST/PWD candidates 55% (CGPA 6.0/10) or equivalent both in Bachelors and Masters degrees].
Candidates with B.E./ B. Tech. or equivalent with 8.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 80% Marks [For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, 8 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 75% Marks] are eligible to apply for direct Ph.D. admission within 5 years after obtaining the qualifying degree.
An additional criterion of GATE score (obtained at some point in time in the past) in the respective disciplines or fellowships such as JRF/ UGC/ NET/ CSIR/ KSCSTE etc. or qualification in any other national level tests as specified by the GoI order is also mandatory.
Half-time Research Assistantship (HTRA) is available for a few full-time research scholars who are not receiving any financial support/ scholarship from other Agencies or State or Central Governments, subject to the availability as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India (GoI).
They are required to assist the Department in the academic work for at least 8 hours per week as per guidelines issued by the MoE, in addition to satisfying other conditions for the award/ renewal of the fellowship. The award and renewal of the assistantship/ scholarship are as per the guidelines reissued by GoI, from time to time.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply online
The last date to apply is May 15, 2021.
To apply online, click here.
The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions as specified. Their Admission will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. The mere issue of call letters to the candidates will not imply that his/ her candidature has been found eligible.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- 12 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Groningen, Netherlands
- 24 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 61 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands
- 05 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 23 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 14 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Vrije University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 24 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Oslo, Norway
- 21 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Ghent University, Belgium
- 45 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at NTNU, Norway