Post Doctoral Fellow Position at IIT Roorkee, India
Post Doctoral Fellow Position in Physics announced by The Department of Physics at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. Eligible candidates may apply as soon as possible on or before 24th May 2021.
The Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Prof. Sachin Kumar Srivastava focused on “Development of Fiber Optic Plasmonic Biosensors using Carbon Nanomaterials for Detection of Blood Cancer”.
Hiring Organization: The Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB).
Hiring Organization Profile:
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (abbreviated IIT Roorkee or IITR) is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India, headed by Director Ajit Kumar Chaturvedi. It was formerly known as University of Roorkee (1949-2001) and Thomason College of Civil Engineering (1847-1949). Established in 1847 in British India by the then lieutenant governor, Sir James Thomason, it is the oldest technical institution in Asia. It was given university status in 1949 and was converted into an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2001, thus becoming the seventh IIT to be declared. IIT Roorkee has 22 academic departments covering Engineering, Applied Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management programs with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological education and research.
Post Doctoral Fellow
Essential Qualification :
- PhD in the discipline of Physics/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Material Science and Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology/ Electrical Engineering/ Applied Mechanics/ Biotechnology and Bioscience / Bio-medical Engineering.
- The applicant must have worked on and published papers in the fields of fiber optic/plasmonic/nanostructured biosensors in his/her PhD degree.
- Desirable: Candidates having working knowledge of both theory and experiments in the aforementioned field will be given preference.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of the award of Ph.D. degree at the time of interview at IIT Roorkee, if shortlisted.
Duration and Fellowship:
The duration of the fellowship will be of 01 year and 07 months, extendable to one more year, if necessary. The candidate is expected to join the Department as soon as offer letter has been released. A consolidated fellowship of Rs. 55,000.00 per month for the first 2 years and Rs. 60,000.00 per month for the third year and a contingency of Rs. 50,000.00 per annum will be awarded to Post Doctoral Fellow.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted), research statement describing past research and plans for future research in the context of the title of project by e-mail
For email, Subject Line: Application for Postdoc position in “Fiber Optic Plasmonic Biosensors” and All the documents arranged in one PDF file named as “Candidate Name_Institute of PhD Degree_Year of PhD”, not later than 24th May 2021 to:
The walk-in interview for the Post-doctoral position will be held online via WebEX platform on 25/05/2021 at 3:00 PM.
24th May 2021
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at NIPGR, New Delhi, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF-Indo-Czech Project) Position at NIT, Meghalaya, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF-ASEAN Project ) Position at NIT, Meghalaya, India
- Senior Research Fellow Position (SRF) at ICAR-IARI, New Delhi, India
- Post Doctoral Fellow Position at IIT Roorkee, India
- SRF (Under JC Bose Fellowship) at RCB, Faridabad, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Position at Pondicherry University, India
- Senior Research Fellow(SRF) Positions at University of Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- SRF Position at NIFTEM under MOFPI Funded Project, Sonipat, Haryana, India