National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi, India invites online Application for Junior Research Fellow . Eligible Candidate may Apply on or before January 26, 2022.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for filling up the purely temporary position of one Junior Research Fellow in the DBT multi-institutional project entitled “Development of D-allulose based nano-formulations for enhanced stress tolerance and increased crop productivity”, of Dr. Ashutosh Pandey, Scientist, NIPGR.
National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi, India
The National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) is an autonomous institution aided by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
The Distributed Information Sub Centre (DISC) at NIPGR has been set up by the Department of Biotechnology under the Biotechnology Information System Network (BTISnet) program. BTISnet is a major distributed bioinformatics network spread across the country. The network has been geared up to undertake advanced research in frontier areas of biotechnology with the intensive application of bioinformatics. The network also aims to develop human resource in bioinformatics, and establish effective academia-industry interface, in order to create world class platforms for technology development, transfer and commercialization.
The DISC at NIPGR was established in early 2007 and aims to serve as a support structure for all IT related issues at the institute, in addition to providing computational facilities, bioinformatics related services to the researchers in various labortories at the Institute, catering to the needs of scientists in plant biology, physiology and agriculture
Looking for Postdoctoral Positions Abroad Click Here
Looking for Faculty Positions Click Here
Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Eligibility/Qualification Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Candidates selected through National Eligibility Tests as mentioned in the DST Office Memorandum number SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30, 2019 and having M.Sc. degree or equivalent (with minimum 60% marks) in Agriculture/Biotechnology/Plant Science/Botany, life science or equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Candidates having laboratory experience in plant tissue culture, molecular biology, biochemistry would be given preference.
Nature of Post of Junior Research Fellow
- The above positions is completely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project. The
fellowship/emolument amount for the above positions is as sanctioned in the project and as per
- The initial appointment will be for one year or till the tenability of the project whichever is earlier and the same can be curtailed/extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Salary:
Emoluments as per DST/DBT norms and as sanctioned in the project.
Click here for “Postdoc Application Cover Letter Template”
Click here to know “How to write a Postdoc Job Application or Email”
January 26, 2022.
How to Apply for Junior Research Fellow
- Eligible candidates may apply by sending soft copy through e-mail in the given format with a cover letter showing interest along with self- attested soft copies of the mark-sheets, certificates, (from Class X onwards) and proof of research experience/publications.
- A single pdf file, consisting of the application from the cover letter, and all documents, must be sent to e-mail: [email protected] within 15 days from the date of advertisement. A web link with date and time of online interview will be e-mailed to the shortlisted candidates only.
- The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate(s).
Note: ONLY soft copy of the application in the given format will be accepted. No TA/DA will be paid for attending online interview. For any clarification candidates may contact Scientist in charge on above mentioned e-mail only.
Dr. Ashutosh Pandey
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR)
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU Campus, New Delhi – 110067
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions at IIT Roorkee, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Positions at NIT Silchar, India
- Research Associate Positions at IIM Ahmedabad, India
- Junior Research Fellow Position at IIT Indore, India
- Senior Research Fellow Position at IIT Mandi, HP, India
- Research Associate Position at IIT Delhi, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at NIPGR, New Delhi, India
- 02 Research Associate-I Position at IACS, Jadavpur, Kolkata, India
- Junior Research Fellow Position Under DBT Funded Project at IISER Bhopal. India