Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata, India invites online Application for two Research Associate-I Position . Eligible Candidate may Apply on or before January 31, 2022.
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) is a public, deemed, research university for higher education and research in basic sciences under the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, situated at the heart of the Cultural capital of India. Established in 1876 by Mahendra Lal Sircar, a private medical practitioner, it focuses on fundamental research in basic sciences. It is Asia’s oldest research institute Located at Jadavpur, South Kolkata near Jadavpur University, Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute and Indian Institute of Chemical Biology. It is spread over a limited area of 9.5 acres and currently in the process of building a super-advanced SMART campus at Baruipur.
Looking for Postdoctoral Positions Abroad Click Here
Looking for Faculty Positions Click Here
No of Post
Gravitational Waves, Early Universe Cosmology and Theoretical aspects of black hole physics
Eligibility/Qualification Research Associate
- A candidate should have a first or high second class M.Sc. degree in Physics with minimum average of 55% marks in B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. examination along with good overall academic record and has obtained Ph.D. or has submitted the thesis, with research experience supported by publications in peer-reviewed journals in the field of gravitational waves, early universe cosmology and theoretical aspects of black hole physics.
- Preference will be given to candidates having experience in numerical analysis.
Research Associate Fellowship
- A selected candidate holding a Ph.D. degree at the time of joining will receive the fellowship of the RA-I position from the date of joining (Rs. 47,000/- + HRA as per the rules of the Association).
- A selected candidate who is yet to receive Ph.D. degree but have submitted his/her thesis (subject to documentary proof of the thesis submission) will draw an appropriate fellowship amount + HRA, as per the rules of the Association and will be eligible to receive the full RA-I fellowship from the award date of the doctoral degree, supported by documentary proof.
2 years from the date of joining as RA-I, subject to an evaluation after one year as per the rules of the Institute.
Click here for “Postdoc Application Cover Letter Template”
Click here to know “How to write a Postdoc Job Application or Email”
- The position is purely temporary, and the candidate will not have any right to claim (explicit or implicit) to any permanent post in the Institute.
- No TA will be admissible for attending the interview.
- Interview via video based facility such as Skype, however is permissible subject to the availability of requisite connections.
Apply Mode: Email
January 31, 2022.
How to Apply for Research Associate
- The candidates may apply only via email to [email protected] with complete Curriculum Vitae (which should include e-mail address, date of birth, contact number, permanent residential address and list of publications) as well as a research statement, which includes future research plans.
- Two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to [email protected]. The selected candidates will be intimidated about the interview date and venue by email.
- Self attested scanned copies of all the certificates/credentials must be submitted and the original certificates/credentials must be presented for verification while appearing for the interview.
The subject line of the e-mail should be the Full Name of the Candidate followed by “Application for RA-I position followed by the advertisement number”.
School of Physical Sciences,
IACS, Jadavpur, Kolkata-700 032,
Phone: +91-33-2473-4971; Extn.:2281
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions at IIT Roorkee, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Positions at NIT Silchar, India
- Research Associate Positions at IIM Ahmedabad, India
- Junior Research Fellow Position at IIT Indore, India
- Senior Research Fellow Position at IIT Mandi, HP, India
- Research Associate Position at IIT Delhi, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at NIPGR, New Delhi, India
- 02 Research Associate-I Position at IACS, Jadavpur, Kolkata, India
- Junior Research Fellow Position Under DBT Funded Project at IISER Bhopal. India