Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee), Uttarakhand, India invites online Application for Post Doctoral Fellow . Eligible Candidate may Apply on or before 15 January 2022.
The Department of Chemical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for a postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Prof. Ashwini Kumar Sharma, on “Optimization of lithium-ion battery design and operation towards aging-controlled fast charging: Experimental and modeling investigations”.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (abbreviated IIT Roorkee or IITR) is a public technical university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India, headed by Director Ajit Kumar Chaturvedi. It was formerly known as University of Roorkee (1949–2001) and Thomason College of Civil Engineering (1847–1949). Established in 1847 in British India by the then lieutenant governor, Sir James Thomason, it is the oldest technical institution in Asia. It was given university status in 1949 and was converted into an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2001, thus becoming the seventh IIT to be declared. IIT Roorkee has 22 academic departments covering Engineering, Applied Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management programs with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological education and research.
Post Doctoral Fellow
Eligibility/Qualification Post Doctoral Fellow
Essential qualifications: PhD in the area of Chemical Engineering, Material science, Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience in fabrication and testing of advanced rechargeable batteries cells/packs.
- At least 03 SCI papers published as first (or corresponding) author based on the Ph.D. research work.
- Should have hands-on experience and a good understanding of electrode material synthesis, cell fabrication, cell disassembly and characterizations like XRD, FESEM, XPS, TEM, FTIR and electrochemical characterization like CV, EIS, Galvanostatic Charge-discharge.
- Candidates who have defended their PhD thesis in the previous three years may be preferred.
The duration of the fellowship will be of two years extendable by one more year, if necessary. The candidate is expected to join the department as soon as offer letter has been released.
Post Doctoral Fellow Salary:
The fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship as below: First & Second Year: Rs. 55,000/- per month; Third Year: Rs. 60,000/- per month; Contingencies: Rs. 50,000/-per annum.
15 January 2022.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, a research statement describing their research plans
(particularly, in the context of the fast-charging and aging of lithium ion batteries) by both regular post and e-mail, to:
The Professor and Head
Department of Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee -247661, INDIA
Email: head[at]ch.iitr.ac.in (and copy to ashwini[at]ch.iitr.ac.in; Phone: +91-1332-284926(office))
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions at IIT Roorkee, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Positions at NIT Silchar, India
- Research Associate Positions at IIM Ahmedabad, India
- Junior Research Fellow Position at IIT Indore, India
- Senior Research Fellow Position at IIT Mandi, HP, India
- Research Associate Position at IIT Delhi, India
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at NIPGR, New Delhi, India
- 02 Research Associate-I Position at IACS, Jadavpur, Kolkata, India
- Junior Research Fellow Position Under DBT Funded Project at IISER Bhopal. India